Even though, Oracle doesn't support it. But the old applications are still running and
the need for Oracle Designer is still increasing.
That's what push us forward to illegally create some work around (May Allah Forgive Us ) to cope with the new Operating System progress and save our clients' running applications at least for now. Then, we can think seriously to upgrade our client's application to the new technology.
If the Micro-Soft Windows 8.1 64 bit Operating System check failed as a result of the incompatibility What will we do ? Please follow the suggested task solution steps.
- Right click on the Installer icon and select Run as administrator.
- The Oracle Developer Suite's installer's will initialize its verification process. It will stopped while verifying its required Operating system configuration or files.
- Right click on the installer property > Select Compatibility tab> Check the check box of run this program in the Compatibility mode & select Windows XP Sp2 or Windows XP Sp3 Press apply and Ok.
There is a very important file called "oraparam"; this file mainly contains all Certified Operating Systems by Oracle.
- The Oracle installer is programmed to look for this file as a pre-requisite to complete oracle developer suite installation.
Follow the steps to pass the error
- Open the oraparam file with Notepad++ program or any text editor program.
- Then, add 6.2 for Windows 8.1 & 6.3 for Windows 10
- Copy the following shaded paragraph.
- paste the copied section in a free separate space followed to it's related windows section as follow:
- Don't modify any content in the pasted section but only the title of the windows section to build a new certified windows version for Oracle as follow:
- The same steps are followed for Windows 10 as it is defined to Oracle Developer Installer as 6.3 to make the required pre-requisite check for Microsoft Windows versions.
- Save the changes you mad then restart running the Oracle Developer Suite installer as mentioned. Then, it will initialize its verification process and passed the Operating system verification process.
- The welcome page of Oracle Developer Suite installer will be displayed.
- Specify the source and Oracle Developer Suite target destination files or paths.
- Click Next button a progress bar appears loading the specified source file and forward the installation wizard to the next step.
- Specify the Oracle Developer Suite 10G 10.2.0.2 installation type.
- Click Next button a progress bar appears loading the required selected installation type and forward the installation wizard to the next step.
- No mail Server specified click Next to forward the installation wizard to the next step.
- A progress bar appears loading the preference that no Out Mail Server Information required then forward the installation wizard to the next step.
- Finally, the actual installation progress bar appears loading its required installation files from its specified source to the specified destination file.
- The installation progress bar will end up at point 69% or 70%. Then, a popup dialog window appears, asks you to specify the second source installation folder in order to complete the installation process.
- Specify its path and click OK.
- Check the path again and click OK.
- Then, the progress bar will continue forward to the end of the installation process.
- When, the progress bar is 100% complete, the following screen appeared.
- Press Exit button. Then press click Ok button to confirm.
For now you accomplished the task successfully. You installed Oracle Oracle Designer On Windows 8.1 64 bit. You can configure Oracle Developer Suite to run it into the browser. You can also configure Oracle Designer to use it into your project in analysis and design.