"enabled" Property Concept
Many developers encountered problems while setting "SET_ITEM_ITEM" built-in function with "enabled" property Only to either"True" or "False" to a form text item; either it's not working properly or it has no effects on a data block form.
The input process is really a complex process.
Now, let's imagine what are the possible functions for a user inputs:
- Navigation: the user starts to navigate to focus on the text item.
- Insertion: the user writes with the keyboard to input data.
- Updating: the user updates the data retrieved from the data base.
- Deleting: the user deletes the data retrieved from the data base.
Hence, you should be familiar with all the four required properties that works in co-ordinate with each together and this will In Shaa Allah guarantee the correct solution of first part of the problem.
After recognizing the business logic of your task, the proper code to implement it, you need to know the proper trigger, that will fire and execute the above code.
- When you run the form: When-New-Form-Instance Trigger or When-New-Block-Instance Trigger.
- When you execute query: Post-Query Trigger.
- When navigate to next record: When-New-Record-Instance Trigger.
- When you change a specific data value as:
- When you select a value from a drop down list item: When-List-Changed Trigger.
- When you select a check box value:
- When you select a radio button value:
- When you select a list of value (LOV):
- When you press a button: When-Button-Pressed Trigger.
Finally, we have got the most of the common triggers at your request and ready to fire your event.